Guild Theatre


The Guild Theatre opened in 1925, designed by Crane & Franzheim and located at 245 W. 52nd Street. The theatre was later renamed the Virginia Theatre, after owner Virginia M. Binger, in 1981. In 2005, the Virginia reopened with Jersey Boys as the August Wilson Theatre, in honor of the playwright who died later that year.

  • Built: 1925
  • Number of Seats: 1225
  • Longest Running Show: Jersey Boys
  • Performances: 4,088
August Wilson Theatre
    • 245 W. 52nd St.
    • New York
    • NY
    • United States