Milwaukee Repertory Theater
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Milwaukee Repertory Theater, a LORT theater located in the heart of Wisconsin’s largest metropolitan area, is currently seeking applicants for the position of Video Producer. Our mission is to ignite positive changes in the cultural, social, and economic vitality of our community by creating world-class theater experiences that entertain, provoke, and inspire meaningful dialogue among an audience representative of Milwaukee’s rich diversity. It is important that our hiring practices reflect this commitment to diversity and we strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Position Summary: Milwaukee Rep is seeking a Video Producer to join our staff! The Video Producer is an integral part of the marketing team, contributing to the strategic planning, execution, support and evaluation of all communication, sales campaigns and audience development. Primary role will be to produce, shoot, and edit video assets for publishing across multiple digital platforms. Position is in-person in Milwaukee.
Other major duties and responsibilities include:
· Produce, shoot, and edit quality digital content in adherence with Milwaukee Rep’s brand and standards
· Shoot and edit production b-roll for minimum 15 shows each season in four different venues.
· Collaborate with PR, marketing, and other internal departments on content ideas and product execution and management.
· Coordinate/schedule video and audio shoots: b-roll, video interviews & features, archival, etc.
· Take photos at Rep Marketing events, in rehearsal and behind the scenes for use on social media and in publications
· Manage and maintain multimedia hardware, software, and equipment. Capture, organize, archive, and distribute multimedia content.
· Create assets for Social Media photos (video, photos, graphics)
· Remain abreast of changing multimedia technologies, software, standards, and best practices.
· Educate fellow staff on those changes.
· Work to uphold the mission and core values of the theater, with a raised consciousness towards ED&I efforts.
· Hire, create and manage work plans for interns as desired/needed
· Assist Chief Marketing Officer with projects as assigned.
Compensation and Benefits: Milwaukee Rep is offering a competitive salary in the low to mid $50,000 range. Employees receive benefits including 100% employer paid health and dental insurance premiums for the individual employee, employer contributions to a health savings account, a paid time off package and 403(b) retirement plan.
About Milwaukee Repertory Theater: Milwaukee Rep is the largest performing arts organization in Wisconsin welcoming 300,000 people at 700 performances of 15 productions a season at the Patty & Jay Baker Theater Complex featuring three unique performance venues – the Quadracci Powerhouse, Stiemke Studio and Stackner Cabaret. For over six decades, Milwaukee Rep has been a centerpiece of Milwaukee’s vibrant arts and cultural scene with productions ranging from Broadway musicals to Shakespeare to American Classics and New Works that are entertaining, inclusive and impactful. Under the leadership of Artistic Director Mark Clements and Executive Director Chad Bauman, Milwaukee Rep ignites positive change in the cultural, social and economic vitality of our community by creating world-class theater experiences that entertain, provoke, and inspire meaningful dialogue among an audience representative of Milwaukee’s rich diversity. Every season requires a team of dedicated, passionate and skilled people. Whether it be a 30+ year veteran employee or one who’s never experienced a Milwaukee winter before, everyone shares a common sense of purpose and determination that enables us to bring world-class theater to the stage. Season after season, our accomplished team never ceases to amaze!
To read more about Milwaukee Repertory Theater, please visit: www.MilwaukeeRep.com
· Three (3) years producing/shooting and editing multimedia/video content in a fast paced, multi-project deadline environment and two (2) years experience shooting live performance videos.
· Advanced knowledge in the following areas: video production, multimedia content, digital distribution.
· Advanced knowledge of video editing software, such Adobe’s Creative Suite, including Premiere, After Effects, Lightroom, and Photoshop.
· Experience with DSLR and HD cameras, audio recorders, lighting for video and Mac Computers.
· Proficient in narrative construction and visual storytelling.
· Excellent writing and editing skills
· Must be an independent and creative worker, able to juggle multiple priorities, communicate clearly with a variety of people, and be flexible.
· Comfortable working in front of the camera hosting video series and conducting interviews.
· Ability to work flexible hours. Videotaping and other recording/activities requires weekend and evening work.
TO APPLY, FILL OUT AN ONLINE APPLICATION AND SUBMIT COVER LETTER, RESUME, AND URL LINK TO PORTFOLIO OF VIDEO AND PHOTO WORK ATTN TO: LISA FULTON, CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER
Deadline to apply is Monday, March 15, 2021. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis thereafter until the position is filled. Applications that do not include a URL link to portfolio will not be considered. In order to maintain an equitable process, everyone must apply online. Any candidate who requires different accommodations to submit an online application should contact firstname.lastname@example.org