RWS Entertainment Group
Long Island City, NY 11101
RWS Entertainment Group is providing casting services for the 2021 summer seasons at both Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom and Carowinds. Musicians and instrumentalists to perform a high-energy song-and-dance revue style show called “Hot Rhythm Nights” as well as a nightly parade celebration for their “Grand Carnivale” event. This show package will be presented at both parks. Looking for two separate casts: one for each park location.
Producing Company: Cedar Fair Entertainment Company
Casting: RWS Entertainment Group
Dorney Park Creative Team: David Foster (Director); Carly Lawrence (Choreographer)
Carowinds Creative Team: Desi Hyter (Director); Jessalyn Espiritu (Choreographer)
The following roles are available for both locations:
Musicians: Trumpet, Sax, Trombone, Drum Set, Percussionists, Keyboard, Bass, and Guitar
Strong, trained instrumentalists needed. Must be able to read music and occasionally sightread. All musicians should have experience in concert bands. Marching bands, jazz bands, and showbands. Previous theme park or cruise ship experience is a plus. Must be 18 years of age or older. Non-Union.
· Rehearsals start at Carowinds in Charlotte, NC on July 2, 2021. Performances run July 17 through August 1, 2021.
· Rehearsals start at Dorney Park in Allentown, PA on July 9, 2021. Performances run July 24 through August 8, 2021.
· This contract will require musicians to perform 6 days per week and up to 8 hours per day (with appropriate breaks). Cast members will have one day off a week.
· Performance venues will be outdoor and/or open air.
· Pay Rate: $684/week.
· Housing can be provided for those who are not local to either park location.
RWS will hold virtual auditions by appointment via Zoom.
To submit for consideration: Go to https://airtable.com/shrYPfUdbfMT8Ypv4 and fill out our online submission form by 5pm Eastern on Friday, May 14th, 2021 at the latest. Musicians must submit representative videos of themselves playing and upload a current resume. You will be contacted by email, if selected, to set up a Zoom. Preparation instructions will be given upon appointment confirmation.
Not everyone who submits will be contacted. Submissions received after May 11th may not be considered.
For more information, please visit www.experiencerws.com, https://www.dorneypark.com/ and https://www.carowinds.com/.
July 1, 2021 - August 8, 2021