Front of house roles for Seven Deadly Sins. New York locals are particularly encouraged to submit.
All must be fully vaccinated by May 31st.
Seven Deadly Sins originated at Miami New Drama with a successful run, and is coming to Gansevoort Row in NYC’s Meatpacking District this summer with a brand new set of playwrights. Each playwright has been commissioned to write a short piece tackling one of the seven deadly sins: MJ Kaufman on Pride, Moisés Kaufman on Greed, Ming Peiffer on Wrath, Jeffrey LaHoste on Envy, Bess Wohl on Lust, Ngozi Anyanwu on Gluttony, and Thomas Bradshaw on Sloth. A sexy and daring theatrical experience, Seven Deadly Sins merges theater with performance art, new technology, & CDC-mandated regulations. (Note: This is an in person production.)
Available positions include: Front of House Manager, Box Office Manager, & Ushers (Guides).
To apply please email Joe@tectonictheaterproject.org a cover letter and resume in one PDF.
For all positions, the right candidate must have excellent communication skills, a positive and outgoing personality, and be able to work in a fast-paced environment. Must be prompt, reliable, and detail oriented. Must be available to work evenings and weekends. Must be comfortable working outdoors and working late nights. Must be able to lift twenty-five pounds. Must be fully vaccinated by May 31st.
- Front of House Manager Ensure clean and proper setup of the patron greeting and holding area;
- Communicate with box office manager, stage management, and bar staff regarding the opening of house, management of patrons;
- Assist patrons in a helpful and cheerful manner;
- Manage a rotating usher staff to assist patrons, manage traffic between performance locations;
- Manage ticketing/seating issues with box office and patrons as they arise;
- Assist patrons in case of emergency;
- Ensure safe exit of all patrons and closure of the performance spaces and guest areas; and
- Prepare and distribute a nightly house management report;
- Box Office Manager Act as manager on duty during our show cycle (Tuesday-Sunday), including overseeing ticketing sales, seating, show prep, and scheduling;
- Supervise front of house and box office staff, and liaise between the front of house, production team and performers;
- Help manage daily show needs (ie. track comps, emails, print/create program, update handbook as needed);
- Assist with promotions and sales; and
- Utilize our ticketing software (TodayTix) as an admin/super user
This position will function as a traveling guide/usher. At the beginning of the evening, you will be assigned to a group and will act as their guide for the evening helping the group move from venue to venue, share facts about the neighborhood, and assist patrons as needed. This is a hybrid position that is a partial tour guide and a partial usher.
- Welcome audience members to the open-air venue and assist them with finding the precise location of their seats according to their ticket information at each venue;
- Collect tickets from patrons, and tactfully turn away those who have not purchased admittance;
- Resolve patron issues as needed and adjudicate seating assignments as necessary;
- Aid patrons with disabilities or other special needs with seating or other needs as they arise;
- Be an advocate for the show with patrons -providing guidance with the format or content of the show;
- Enforce venue performance rules throughout the show including the ban on photography, recording and, limited entry/exit procedures;
- Follow all emergency procedures regarding evacuation as directed;
- Locate lost articles, moving them to the lost and found, and direct owners of lost items there; and
- Interact with patrons, answering inquiries and providing assistance
Front of House Manager: $750/week
Box Office Manager: $750/week
Usher/Guide: $115 per full shift (6 hours) or $48 per half shift (2.5 hours)
Seven Deadly Sins is committed to constantly working towards eradicating all forms of white supremacy and discrimination in our organization. We are keenly interested in candidates from the Transgender, Black, and/or Asian American/Pacific Islander communities as these are the communities whose stories are being told in this piece.
Producer: Tectonic Theater Project & Madison Wells Live
Artistic Director: Moisés Kaufman
Writers: Ngozi Anyanwu, Thomas Bradshaw, MJ Kaufman, Moisés Kaufman, Jeffrey LaHoste, Ming Peiffer, and Bess Wohl
Director: Moisés Kaufman
Scenic/Site Design: David Rockwell
Costume Design: Dede Ayite
Lighting Design: Yuki Nakase Link
Sound Design: Justin Ellington
Casting Director: X Casting, Victor Vazquez, CSA
June 21, 2021 - July 25, 2021
$650 - $750