American Traditions Vocal Competition
Savannah, GA 31406
Are you currently finding yourself without a creative outlet, without your regular performance income, or both?
Join past winners, contestants and judges from the theater world such as Mykal Kilgore (Songs for a New World), Morgan James (Godspell, The Addams Family, Wonderland), Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmie Schmidt, The Little Mermaid), Julie Benko (Les Miserables, Fiddler on the Roof), Brandon Michael Nase (CATS), Michael Maliakel (Phantom of the Opera, Monsoon Wedding), Cabaret favorite Carole J. Bufford, Brad Standley (Waitress), Anastasia Talley (The Rockettes Christmas Spectacular), jazz darling Cyrille Aimee (The New Yorkers), Maria Failla (CATS, Evita), Kristen Blodgette (ALW worldwide Music Supervisor), Andrew Lippa (Wild Party, Addams Family, composer), Sheldon Harnick (She Loves Me, composer), and countless others in applying for this competition!
The American Traditions Vocal Competition, now in our 28th year is accepting applications through October 18. In light of the global pandemic, we have taken several precautions to protect musicians and provide for them.
- Our competition will be held VIRTUALLY this year - there are no trips to Savannah, GA for a week in the middle of audition season! The VIRTUAL ATC will run from February 9-19, 2021.
- Our application fee is currently reduced to $45, but will resume its regular price of $60 on October 1
- Anyone over 18 can apply, regardless of your geographic location, or if you are an American citizen - only the composer of the music has to be a US Citizen! All are welcome to apply and compete.
- We will be continuing to offer our usual prizes, with a top prize of $12,000 and a paid concert with the Savannah Philharmonic. Total prizes amount to almost $40,000.
- This year, rather than offering a fee to defray travel costs to Savannah, Georgia, we will instead ask each Quarterfinalist contestant whether they are in need of certain recording equipment or if they would prefer money! We will either send you a check for your time, or send you high quality recording equipment for you to KEEP! Y'all get to keep the equipment!!!
Does this sound too good to be true? It's not! We love artists, and our organization is helmed by artists. We want to support y'all in this time when the arts have been hurt the most. Our application looks confusing and demanding, but if you have a book of audition songs, we guarantee you know nine tunes! Let us help you craft an amazing application, and find something artistic to latch onto! Email our Artistic Director, Mikki Sodergren at firstname.lastname@example.org (yes, it might be the longest email ever).
We are here to help and want YOU to apply! #virtualATC
Follow us on instagram (@atc_savannah) or on FB (ATCSavannah) for more information about our organization!
The American Traditions Vocal Competition celebrates and preserves all styles of classic American music. The 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization promotes these songs by producing an annual vocal competition in Savannah, Georgia, that awards over $35,000 in cash prizes. As part of community-driven service and initiative, the organization provides musical education, exposure and performances for Savannah locals of all ages.
September 15, 2020 - October 18, 2020