New Brunswick Performing Arts Center
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
The New Brunswick Performing Arts Center (NBPAC), opened in August 2019 and is home to four-member companies- The American Repertory Ballet Company, Crossroads Theatre Company, George Street Playhouse, and Rutgers, Mason Gross School of the Arts. NBPAC contains two state of the art theatres; the 463 seat Elizabeth Ross Johnson Theater and the 252 seat Arthur Laurents Theater. The new facility also contains two large rehearsal rooms, a donor lounge, and a spacious two-floor lobby area. NBPAC has an immediate opening for part-time House Managers.
HOUSE MANAGER (Part Time)
The New Brunswick Performing Arts Center (NBPAC) is seeking part-time House Managers to join the Front of House management team of NBPAC. The House Manager will be responsible for performance day of operations in the front of house and deliver top notch customer service to all NBPAC patrons.
What NBPAC Looks for in a House Manager
· Motivated, achievement-oriented professional with consultative approach and the ability to positively connect with customers.
· Takes pride in providing exceptional services to meet all the needs of NBPAC customers.
· Implements customer service standards. Resolves problems. Completes internal assessment. Identifies trends.
· Thrives working in a fast-paced, rewarding environment.
· Utilizes knowledge and experience to easily recognize opportunities to improve the operations of the theatre.
Some of the NBPAC House Manager Responsibilities
· Coordinating front of house staff and/or volunteers to facilitate the safe and timely movement of audiences in and out of performance spaces.
· Working closely with NBPAC Box Office and four-member company box offices to troubleshoot ticketing and customer service issues.
· Supporting and communicating with front of house staff to provide engaging customer service.
· Communicating with Stage Managers and other production staff to facilitate performance schedules and troubleshoot various issues.
· Coordinate and implement pre-show set-up of theatre(s) and performance material including programs.
· Assisting with the training, orienting, scheduling, day of performance role assignments, and overall supervision of Audience Ambassadors and Senior Audience Ambassadors.
· Assisting with customer issues pertaining to tickets, should have working knowledge and experience using Tessitura.
· Assisting with special projects and events as needed.
House Manager Job Requirements
· Must possess excellent communication skills.
· Must be a team player and have good leadership skills.
· Hours to include nights, weekends, and holidays. Must be able to work flexible and varied hours depending on performance schedule. Minimum seasonal hours 20-30 hours a week.
· 1-3 years experience using Tessitura.
· 1-3 years’ experience in a theater front of house system.
· Personal protective equipment provided or required
· Plastic shield at most work stations
· Temperature screenings
· Social distancing guidelines in place
· Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
This is a part-time position and reports directly to the Director of Event Services for NBPAC. Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, subject line - House Manager. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
August 5, 2021 -
$15.00 per hour