RWS Entertainment Group
Long Island City, NY 11101
RWS Entertainment Group is currently seeking a Graphic Designer/Renderer to join our team of world-class designers and production staff.
Reporting to the AVP, Visual Elements, the ideal candidate will be responsible for supporting the Production Services department with creative and design duties for proposals and creative projects. The Graphic Designer/Renderer is responsible for leading the company’s digital design efforts to offer fully developed ideas and renderings for creative design.
A strong communicator who understands how to design following brand-approved art and style guides with great attention to detail, as well as has experience rendering theatrical design in scenery, props, costume, and more.
Roles & Responsibilities
● Design layouts and processes to deliver a wide range of visual assets/materials and produce documents from design concept to final format.
● Conceptual/visual ability and originality with the ability to interact, communicate and present ideas. Think creatively and develop new design concepts, logos, graphics and layouts.
● Create graphic design materials for print and online environments, including websites, handouts, posters, newsletters, signage, advertisements, digital marketing assets, etc.
● When needed, work with additional freelance designers to manage workloads and workflow for large-scale productions.
● Design marketing materials such as print collateral, as needed.
● Inspire new ways of thinking and explore new fresh and unique approaches to design to create and solve visual storytelling.
● Work with existing creative teams and deliver supporting designs based on strategy and brand or partner guidelines.
● Partner with creative department to build a visual identity for branded IP, scenic designs, and more.
● Render designs in multiple dimensions
● Provide regular status updates, consulting on matters that require decisions related to publishing requirements, target audiences, and time parameters to contribute to and work collectively with partners, members and stakeholders.
● Ability and skillset in photo correction / manipulation.
Please Note: While this is an accurate and comprehensive description of the role, the above Roles & Responsibilities are not an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require additional tasks be performed as assigned.
● Four year degree in Design, Graphic Design, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
● 1-3+ years as a graphic artist or relevant experience.
● Understanding of culturally competent design practices across multiple dimensions of diversity
● Experience in theatrical or 3D rendering.
● An inspired & committed designer with a dynamic portfolio.
● Will support a broad range of initiatives and campaigns, including traditional, digital, social, and print media.
● Excels under intense deadline-sensitive projects.
● Excellent design sense and strong conceptual ability with the pulse on the latest trends and software.
● Problem solver with great communication skills.
● Great time management skills capable of meeting deadlines and prioritizing multiple time sensitive projects at the same time.
● Excellence in Adobe programs such as Photoshop, InDesign & Illustrator on Apple platform is a must.
● Experience with Sketchup and Twinmotion (preferred).
● Experience with HTML5 and/or traditional illustration skills would be a plus.
● Works well in a team atmosphere as well as independently.
● A self-starter who works quickly in a high-volume production atmosphere.
● Highly organized, motivated, and able to prioritize and multi-task under the pressure of deadlines.
A valid passport for the duration of employment for all travel-related roles. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (or proof of exemption) will be required.
● Progressive PTO, CitiBike membership, Commuter benefits, Health benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision, Pet-friendly office, Paid parental leave, 401k with company match, Employee Enrichment Program, complimentary tickets to Broadway/Off Broadway shows and industry events as available, Summer Fridays
Estimated Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: AVP, Visual Elements
Status: Mobile or Remote
● Mobile (in NY/NJ/CT Metro Area): Team members who are pre-approved to regularly perform their job responsibilities remotely up to two (2) days per week, with three (3) days per week operating out of the RWS New York City headquarters.
● Remote (outside of NY/NJ/CT Metro Area): Team members who are pre-approved to work remotely on a regular basis.
Salary Range: Minimum $60,000 annual exempt salary
RWS Entertainment Group is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom design as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard-working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At RWS Entertainment Group, our team of bold makers and mold breakers is made of a diverse group of people who we believe make our work stronger. Our stage actively chooses to uplift applicants with diverse racial, ethnic, and religious backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, sexes, national origins, political affiliations, socio-economic status, veteran and Disability status, and other intersectional dimensions of diversity.
We believe the diversity of our people is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our company’s achievement as well.
We are committed to ongoing learning and developing and implementing programs and initiatives to promote diversity and inclusion in all areas of employment as well as through our creative process and projects.
Get in Touch!
Please submit at this link via JazzHR by 09/26/2021