New York, NY 10022
The Elysabeth Kleinhans Theatrical Foundation Inc.
New York, NY
The Elysabeth Kleinhans Theatrical Foundation is a not-for-profit operating foundation which owns and operates 59E59 Theaters, a lively venue with a 195-seat theater, a 99-seat theater and a 40-60 seat flexible theater. 59E59 Theaters presents a year-round curated program of about 34 Off Broadway productions that are nurtured and supported through highly-subsidized rental rates that include: technical, ticketing, FOH, marketing & advertising, facilities, and press services.
59E59 Theaters seeks a qualified candidate for the role of FINANCE ASSOCIATE/OFFICE MANAGER
The Finance Associate/Office Manager works closely with the Executive Staff to handle accounting, human resources, and administrative duties. In alignment with our Community Agreement, The Finance Associate/Office Manager is responsible for upholding 59E59’s mission, our dedication to inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility (IDEA) in the workplace, and our commitment to be an anti-racist organization.
Reports to: Managing Director
Hours: FT 40 hours, weekdays
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage accounts payables and accounts- receivables.
- Maintain general ledger
- Manage cash flow–daily/weekly bar sales, box office tickets sales, etc.
- Reconcile weekly box office sales settlements for each show/licensee and settle with each show in a timely manner
- Handle daily banking matters and bank reconciliations
- Provide support to auditors during the annual audit process
- Maintain bar inventory and handle payment for all show merchandise, etc.
- Work with Managing Director to set budgets, review expenses, and update procedures
- Work closely with our payroll company to ensure payroll is paid correctly and on time
- Process new hires and maintain and update all employee paperwork
- Keep current with labor laws and ensure compliance
- Oversee all benefits administration to full-time staff
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
- Maintain office equipment, supplies inventory, etc.
- Provide general administrative support to other departments as necessary
- Participate in Annual 360 Review Process
- Additional duties as assigned by Managing Director
- Exceptional organizational skills with superior attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills with high proficiency in QuickBooks (for Mac), MS Office and fluency in Mac operating system
- Strong follow-through skills and ability to think laterally and troubleshoot problems
- Ability to work independently and effectively
- Ability to multitask in a calm and focused manner
- Demonstrated time-management skills and ability to prioritize.
- Accounting experience, preferably in the non-profit sector
- Familiarity with HR policies, benefits administration, and payroll
59E59 Theaters offers a range of benefits including medical, dental, paid vacation, sick leave, Transitchecks, flexible spending accounts, and an opt-in 401(k) retirement plan, paid educational and professional development opportunities.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Brian Beirne, Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include FINANCE ASSOCIATE/OFFICE MANAGER in the subject line. In the cover letter, please include why this position at 59E59 interests you and how your previous experience enables you to be successful in this role.
If you do not meet all the criteria listed above but know you have what it takes to do this job, we encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself and your transferable skills in your cover letter.
Referrals of qualified candidates are also welcome.
59E59 Theaters is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. BIPOC applicants and candidates from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.