New York, NY 10036
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, the Facilities Coordinator assists in all aspects of operating and maintaining the Center. The Facilities Coordinator supports the facilities, administrative, production, and rental departments with day-to-day operations and minor projects, working to ensure facilities functions are incorporated effectively into the performance and events schedule, while maintaining and emphasizing facilities policies and procedures.
Founded in 1991, Signature Theatre celebrates playwrights and gives them an artistic home through playwriting residencies, producing six to eight productions by resident playwrights annually. In 2005, Signature began its groundbreaking Signature Ticket Initiative, providing affordable tickets to all of its productions. In 2012, Signature opened the Pershing Square Signature Center, the Frank Gehry-designed 75,000 square foot Center featuring three theatres, two rehearsal studios, a central, public lobby with a café and bookstore, as well as administrative offices.
Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theatre field and aligning with Signature Theatre’s artistic mission and institutional priorities focused on playwrights, community and access are strongly encouraged to apply.
Signature is committed to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Access and welcomes candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for underrepresented communities. All employees of Signature Theatre have a responsibility to be active in the institution's continued commitment to its Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Accessibility values and goals. Please read our commitment to creating a theatre focused on EDIA.
· Work closely with the Facilities Manager to ensure the operations and maintenance of the building remains in compliance with New York City Building and Fire codes.
· Assist in the evaluation and implementation of solutions to onsite technical issues for all center systems, including MEP (building/mechanical, electrical systems), HVAC, BMS, CCTV/Access Control, Fire monitoring/Sprinkler systems.
· Coordinate external vendor, contractor, and maintenance scheduling. Including HVAC, BMS, electrical systems, plumbing, security, elevators, waste, cleaning, and fire safety systems.
· Assist with the coordination of and the assignment of tasks to the security team, cleaning team, and maintenance personnel.
· Work closely with Production, General Management, and the Rental departments to coordinate resources and address challenges to ensure productions follow New York City Building and Fire code regulations.
· Coordinate and facilitate day-to-day operations including acting as a liaison between departments during events and rentals, managing crowd control and anticipating crowd behavior.
· Process, scan, track, and file invoices to ensure timely payment and easy future reference.
· Manage the two-way radio fleet including routine and preventative maintenance needs for Facilities, Security, Front of House, and Production to ensure smooth communications.
· Respond to off-hour emergencies, reporting onsite when required, including natural disasters and/or potential neighborhood emergencies, such as, bomb threats and riots.
· Provide on call services during hours away from the center to address HVAC, fire alarm and security needs.
· Assist in coordination of special projects throughout the center as needed.
· Coordinate and manage supply chain as related to our maintenance, building and custodial team’s needs.
· Manage keycard, security CCTV and keys, as well as distributions and inventory.
· Schedule HVAC for all activity throughout center.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Minimum two years’ experience coordinating operations in a large, multi-use facility
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Self-motivated with excellent problem-solving skills with an eye for detail
· Ability to learn and convey technical information to a non-technical audience
· Willingness to learn or has working knowledge of:
o Automated BMS, CCTV (CMMS) trouble ticket systems
o Building/mechanical, electrical systems (MEP)
o Construction/MEP drawings
o HVAC systems
o Building codes
o Microsoft Office Suite
o Working knowledge of principles and practices of project management
o Theatre operations experience preferred
· Flexible to work nights and weekends
This is a full-time salaried non-exempt position with a minimum annual salary of $50,000. Signature Theatre provides comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) matching, and paid time off.
Please attach a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please type FACILITIES COORDINATOR in the subject line.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, affectional preference, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health decisions, pregnancy, disability, genetic predisposition, age, military, or veteran status, marital or familial status, or any other protected characteristic, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
No phone calls, please. For more information about Signature, please visit www.signaturetheatre.org.