Application Deadline:March 15, 2021
Application Form: https://forms.gle/xzTU5hpnV1Q95EwNA
The Seacoast Repertory Theatre is committed to the cultural richness of the Seacoast region through the shared experience of live theater and its youth, teen, and senior educational programs.
Nestled on the banks of the Piscataqua River in a historic brewery building, the Seacoast Repertory Theatre (The Rep) is a member of the vibrant performing arts culture of the Greater Seacoast NH region. The Rep is a 30+ year old performing arts center with a 220-seat theatre, staging approximately 320 performances annually.
The Board of Directors for The Rep seeks a highly motivated individual for the full-time position of Executive Director (ED). The ED is responsible for planning, motivating, directing and managing the The Rep to bring alive the Theatre’s mission. The Rep produces creative, thoughtful, and high quality year-round programming as well as collaborating with like-minded arts and cultural organizations.
The Seacoast Repertory Theatre is an up and coming innovator on the American regional theatre scene. In the past year it has been featured in The New York Times, on NBC, and TimeOut.com for its development and implementation of high quality live streaming systems, and for the resilience shown in staying in operation throughout the pandemic.
Portsmouth, New Hampshire is a high traffic tourist destination that has been the center of heavy development and economic growth over the past decade. Seacoast Rep, as a popular regional theatre with a prime downtown location and newly renovated lobby, is primed for accelerated growth as the world recovers from the challenges of the pandemic. We are seeking a leader with not only the ability to face these challenges head on, but with an expansive vision of the future that is able to match the growth of The Rep with that of the surrounding economy.
- Drive the mission of The Rep as an effective, high quality performance venue by providing organizational leadership on the vision, policies, strategic focus, and scope of the Rep’s diverse programs
- Provide overall direction and supervision for the Rep’s 15+ member staff and develop a yearly work plan with staff including staff goals, work objectives, and timeline for the programs and services to be carried out by The Rep
- Effectively manage human resources matters to support a productive, professional workforce in an environment respectful of personal well-being and cultural diversity
- Manage the finances by overseeing the development of the annual budget and fundraising plan, while ensuring the organization remains within the Board-approved plans and budgets
- Ensure program quality and consistency with organizational goals through ongoing evaluation of all programs to determine effectiveness and participant and patron satisfaction
- Serve as the lead spokesperson for The Rep; maintain and develop positive relationships with strategic partners pertinent to the performing arts sector
- Meet with the Board at least monthly and keep it fully informed
- Collaborate with the Board and participate as a member of each Committee
- Dedicated to creating a community based on equality, diversity, and inclusion for all employees and members of the Rep community
- Demonstrated team leader and clear communicator with strong business experience
- Proven track record of creating and executing development and fundraising efforts for a non-profit organization
- Background in nonprofit leadership and administration
- Professional experience successfully managing multiple budgets and projects
- Passion for the Rep’s mission and for the performing arts industry
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of academic and professional experience
- Experience conducting development and fundraising efforts for an organization with a 1 million dollar annual budget
- Highly organized with the ability to balance multiple collaborative and individual tasks
- Administrative or management experience in theatre or performing arts
- Demonstrated experience with digital tools, including Quickbooks and online fundraising platforms
- Training in project management and experience successfully managing projects with cross-disciplinary team members
- Skilled problem solver with good decision making skills
The Seacoast Rep is an equal-opportunity employer.
June 30, 2021 -
$60K - $85K