New York, NY 10036
Playwrights Horizons is a writer's theater dedicated to the support and development of contemporary U.S. playwrights, composers and lyricists, and to the production of their new work.
Managing Director and Artistic Director
The Executive Assistant & Board Liaison is a responsible, self-starting, and personable individual that provides general support to the Artistic Director and Managing Director. A successful candidate can be entrusted with confidential information. This position is responsible for maintaining effective and ongoing communication with the Board of Trustees and the Artistic Advisory Council. The Executive Assistant oversees the Fellowship training and mentorship program.
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Assist the Artistic and Managing Directors including scheduling, phone & email coverage, tracking expenses, and authoring correspondence on their behalf.
● Update and maintain important institutional and Board records.
● Maintain communication with the Board and implement all Board-related tasks including scheduling and preparations for Board and Committee meetings, tracking attendance, overseeing onboarding of new members, drafting correspondence, attending and taking meeting minutes, and other duties as assigned.
● Execute various institutional projects in conjunction with the Office Manager and Associate General Manager.
● Organize meetings for and maintain communication with the Artistic Advisory Council.
● Manage the Theatrical Fellowship Program, including overseeing the application process, shepherding a fellowship class through a season, and managing the budget and resources surrounding the program.
● Assists in maintaining communications between the uptown administrative offices and Playwrights Downtown including the Playwrights Horizons Theater School affiliated with NYU.
● Perform other duties as assigned by the Managing Director and Artistic Director.
● 4-year college degree or equivalent experience
● Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
● Proficiency in Google Workspace and Microsoft Office Suite a plus
Playwrights Horizons is committed to building a more just future for everyone -- particularly those from historically oppressed communities, by employing a broad spectrum of voices that will enrich the quality and vitality of our work. Playwrights Horizons is an equal opportunity employer that has a strong institutional commitment to uprooting all systems of oppression by demonstrative equitable and inclusive practices.
The organization is interested in receiving applications from people of all races, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, classes, religions, and people with disabilities.
The facilities at Playwrights Horizons are fully accessible and ADA compliant.
Please email a cover letter and resume as pdf to Jobs@phnyc.org with the job title & your name in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Full vaccination required for hire.