Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center
New York, NY 10023
The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center (CMS) seeks a Director of Digital Content to join the organization at an exciting time of institutional accomplishment and growth. The Director of Digital Content leads the digital media activities which includes setting the overall strategy, implementation, and distribution of digital media at CMS, as well as maintenance and upkeep of audio/video equipment, producing live streams of concerts, lectures, and master classes in the Rose Studio, capturing all concerts and educational events in Alice Tully Hall including editing and archiving performances, producing CMS Radio Initiatives (including the CMS National Radio Series), and overseeing the creation of content for CMS social media channels. The Director of Digital Content reports to the Executive Director and manages the Assistant Director of Marketing & Digital Content and Digital Content Assistant.
DIGITAL MEDIA STRATEGY
· Create and implement an integrated digital strategy across channels that drives engagement and earned or contributed revenue streams.
· Champion the development of new technologies and trends for digital classical music offerings.
· Continuing knowledge and advisement to Executive Director and Artistic Director of best practices, new trends, and potential opportunities for digital media.
· Capture, report, and advise the organization on digital media analytics.
· Manage the media department budget.
LIVE STREAMING PRODUCTION
· Manage all technical, web, and staffing aspects of CMS live-streaming events, including embedded settings in Brightcove, Facebook, and YouTube.
· Hire and schedule all contract workers (director, lighting designer, score reader, audio engineer) for live streams and other video productions (together with Production Manager).
· Oversee the creation of final edits for all CMS Concert live streaming events.
· Coordinate all audio and video productions in the Rose Studio and Alice Tully Hall.
· Advise other departments on needs and costs associated with proposed video projects.
· Act as point of contact for production team that films Alice Tully Hall and other events.
CMS RADIO INITIATIVES
· Produce the CMS National Radio Series.
· Manage the CMS National Radio Series budget including handling payments to the audio engineer, writer, and host.
· Oversee the scheduling and recording of artist interviews for new radio programs.
· Approve scripts for the National Radio Series.
· Coordinate audio file distribution to audio engineer and script writer.
· Oversee the long-term storage of master audio files for each program.
· Supervise the preparation and delivery of CMS performance audio to SiriusXM Radio, Performance Today, SiriusXM, Taiwan FUN, Naxos China, and others.
· Manage recording sessions for upcoming CMS Album projects for both recording labels (CMS Studio Albums and CMS Live!).
· Oversee distribution of upcoming CMS Albums on digital platforms.
· Manage past CMS albums and digital distribution partners (InGrooves and CDBaby).
· Coordinate the distribution of working files to all involved parties (audio engineer, artistic directors, artists, etc.).
· Coordinate the long-term storage of the master files for CMS albums.
CMS VIDEO INFRASTRUCTURE
· Manage the usage, upkeep, and purchase of Rose Studio video and audio equipment (together with Production Manager).
· Implement migration of media files to long-term storage and deletion of files from media Storage Area Network (SAN).
· Manage staff and other user access to media SAN.
· Manage CMS’s video hosting platforms, Brightcove and Vimeo.
GENERAL MEDIA SUPPORT
· Oversee video editing for placement on CMS website and other sites, including lectures, master classes, concert footage, etc.
· Manage the addition of video content to the Watch & Listen section of the CMS website.
· Supervise the fulfilling of media requests from publicists, touring presenters, and staff as necessary.
· Create licensing usage reports for ASCAP and BMI.
· Advise Development Department on media department needs for funding proposals.
· Oversee content production for the CMS YouTube Channel, Facebook Page, and Instagram account.
· 5 years of related experience, including at least 3 years in a leadership role managing a complex department including a multi-person staff that operates on a high level of excellence
· Proven success managing multiple audio and video projects
· Proven success creating and managing budgets
· Proficient in basic HTML and CSS, as well as Adobe Creative Cloud
· Significant knowledge of emerging media with a proven track record of implementing new technology
· Outstanding communication skills with the ability to work effectively with a broad range of constituents
· Knowledge of classical music repertoire
· Great team player
· Strong problem-solving ability
· High energy and enthusiasm
Additionally, facility with the following digital equipment and software:
· NewTek Tricaster Elite 2
· Sony BRC-H800 PTZ cameras
· Canon XF705 camcorders
· Schoeps Colette modular microphones
· ScaleLogic Genesis RX2 12 Bay RAID
· Sequoia (DAW)
· Softron MovieRecorder 4
· Softron Multicam Logger
· Axle Media Asset Management System
· PreRollPost LTO Backup
· Asana, or other project management software
To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls.
The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in its workforce.
June 1, 2021 -