RWS Entertainment Group
Long Island City, NY 11101
Director, Experience Creative Content
RWS Entertainment Group is searching for a Director, Experience Content to support creative for all RWS experiences.
Reporting to the VP, Creative Content the Director, Experience Creative Contentis responsible for leading the creation of creative for RWS experiences, as well as overseeing a small team. From dreaming up the next big holiday wonderland, haunted house, immersive light-up attractions or food & beverage revenue driving experiences, the Director, Experience Creative Content is also responsible for upholding the RWS brand standards and ensuring the creative vision is executed to client specifications.
Role & Responsibilities
· Active creative development for immersive experiences in the leisure and attractions space from entertainment to food, beverage, merchandise, games, other revenue drivers and guest flow.
· Establish a creative vision and manage its implementation from ideation to execution including development of storyboards and presentation decks.
· Effectively collaborate with all creatives and departments to manage the project within its creative means.
· Support concept development and creative development processes for experiences, including character development, scripting, music and initial creative.
· Develop immersive experiences incorporating food, beverage and merchandise when applicable.
· Work collaboratively with other members of the creative content, production services, production operations, talent, and project management teams.
· Vet outside creatives and manage a creative team.
· Create close partnerships across the company to work as a cohesive team and identify new opportunities for growth.
· Stay abreast of market developments, new products and technologies as well as emerging avenues in the industry.
· Seek out new vendor partners to build relationships within order to keep the company’s offerings relevant.
· Support development of ideas that can become scalable executions (and future revenue streams).
· Willingness to adapt with the business as it evolves over time.
· Budget oversight on a per-project basis.
· Cultivate and support the cultivation of teams that embrace and curate innovation.
· Support development and implementation of inclusive and equitable policies and procedures.
Please Note: While this is an accurate and comprehensive description of the role, the above Roles & Responsibilities are not an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require additional tasks be performed as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree in Theatre, Playwriting, Scripting, Creative Direction, or equivalent practical experience.
· 4+ years of experience creation in events, live entertainment, or leisure & attractions.
· Experience creating permanent experiences and also short-term experiences.
· Experience and/or knowledge in food, beverage and merchandise and incorporating into experiences and/or events.
· Passionate about leisure and attractions entertainment.
· Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, projects, ad hoc assignments, and deadlines.
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) or willingness to learn
· Motivated and effective self-starter with a record of project success.
· Independent worker with capacity for multi-tasking.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability/experience in light choreography and movement a plus.
· A flexible schedule allowing for approximately up to 40% travel.
A valid passport for the duration of employment for all travel-related roles. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (or proof of exemption) will be required.
● Progressive PTO, CitiBike membership, Commuter benefits, Health benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision, Pet-friendly office, Paid parental leave, 401k with company match, Employee Enrichment Program, complimentary tickets to Broadway/Off Broadway shows and industry events as available, Summer Fridays
Estimated Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: VP, Creative Content
● Mobile (in NY/NJ/CT Metro Area): Team members who are pre-approved to regularly perform their job responsibilities remotely up to two (2) days per week, with three (3) days per week operating out of the RWS New York City headquarters.
● Remote (outside of NY/NJ/CT Metro Area): Team members who are pre-approved to work remotely on a regular basis.
Salary: Minimum $80,000 annual exempt salary
RWS Entertainment Group is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom design as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard-working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At RWS Entertainment Group, our team of bold makers and mold breakers is made of a diverse group of people who we believe make our work stronger. Our stage actively chooses to uplift applicants with diverse racial, ethnic, and religious backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, sexes, national origins, political affiliations, socio-economic status, veteran and Disability status, and other intersectional dimensions of diversity.
We believe the diversity of our people is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our company’s achievement as well.
We are committed to ongoing learning and developing and implementing programs and initiatives to promote diversity and inclusion in all areas of employment as well as through our creative process and projects.
Get in Touch!
Please submit at this link via JazzHR by 09/26/2021
Minimum $80,000 annual exempt salary