Rattlestick Playwrights Theater
New York, NY 10014
Rattlestick Playwrights Theater, a non-profit theater in the West Village, seeks a Development Manager. Rattlestick’s mission is to produce ambitious plays to inspire empathy and provoke conversation that will lead to positive social change. Reporting to the Artistic Director, the Development Manager stewards the organization’s development operations to ensure the successful alignment and execution of our diverse fundraising efforts, with a focus on deepening Rattlestick’s relationships with individual supporters. The Development Manager works closely with the Managing Director, the Artistic Director, and the part-time Grant Writer on fundraising campaigns and other cultivation efforts.
● In consultation with the Managing Director and the Artistic Director, develop and implement the organization’s annual fundraising strategy.
● Manage individual giving campaigns and cultivation events, including the Annual Appeal, Spring Appeal, and Patron Program.
● Manage the stewardship of Rattlestick’s membership program
● Develop and steward relationships with supporters and other key stakeholders
● Maintain the organization’s fundraising tools and systems
● Manage fundraising research, including identifying prospects, the creation of donor profiles and other support materials
● Process donations including database entry and acknowledgment letters
● Work with the Board to develop and solicit their network of supporters
● Work directly with the Artistic Director, Fundraising Consultant, and Grant Writer on research and solicitation for the Capital Campaign
● Manage and deliver the creation of Annual Report.
● 3-5 years of experience working in not-for-profit management, preferably in development
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
● Exceptional written and oral communication skills
● Strong project management skills, with the ability to meet and manage deadlines, delegate tasks, and effectively work with a team on multiple projects simultaneously
● Ability to interface with and engage individual and institutional donors
● Experience with event planning and database management
● Interest in supporting and sustaining Rattlestick’s mission
● Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and donor management software and databases. Experience with email marketing software.
This is a full-time position based out of Rattlestick’s office in Manhattan with a starting salary of $50,000, plus health benefits. The commitment for this position is 40 hours per week, which occasionally includes select evenings to staff fundraising events. Currently, our staff is working remotely, but we anticipate moving to a hybrid model in the near future to accommodate remote work and in-person collaboration.
Rattlestick is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates. Qualified individuals, please submit your cover letter, current resume, and 3 names/contact information of professional/personal references (include name, relationship, phone number, and email address) to email@example.com with Development Manager - Your Name in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
November 8, 2021 -