NEW YORK, NY 10036
A midtown Manhattan cultural organization, New 42’s mission is to make extraordinary performing arts and cultural engagement part of everyone’s life from the earliest years onwards. We do this work through the New Victory Theater (New York City’s premier theater for kids and families) and New 42 Studios (“Broadway’s secret laboratory”).
New 42 seeks a full time Development Associate, Institutional Giving, who will report to the Senior Manager, Institutional Giving, and assist the Development Department in reaching the foundation, government and corporate goals determined for the fiscal year.
● Draft acknowledgments, cover letters, and other written materials to be reviewed by Institutional Giving staff.
● Aid in submitting proposals and reports to Institutional donors.
● Draft and maintain supplemental report and proposal materials, including budgets, funder lists, and other relevant materials.
● Help manage the donor database (Tessitura) for Institutional donors, including updating accounts, pulling fundraising reports, managing contact lists, and more.
● Conduct prospect research and present findings.
● Support communication with Institutional donors.
● Manage the Institutional grants calendar (via Plans in Tessitura).
● Support benefit fulfillment, including booking tickets to shows, handling event reservations, drafting and updating Institutional donor credits, etc.
● Handle basic administrative tasks, including digital and analog filing, digitization of records, and other tasks as assigned.
● Provide support for general Development activities and events as needed, including the annual Gala.
● Other duties as assigned by the Senior Manager, Institutional Giving.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
● Experience in a non-profit Development team (preferably in Institutional Giving).
● Interest in, or knowledge of performing arts, arts education, or other arts and culture forms.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
● Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at the same time.
● Experience with CRM systems (preferably Tessitura).
● Comfort with technology and digital tools such as Google and/or Microsoft suites.
● Ability to collaborate and work across departments.
New 42 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: New 42 is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
New 42 is committed to anti-oppressive practices in all departmental business processes; we aim to prioritize and advance as an anti-racist and anti-oppressive organization.
September 13, 2021 -