New York, NY 10036
Signature Theatre, one of New York’s leading off-Broadway theatres, is seeking a DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT to support all of Signature’s fundraising efforts.
Founded in 1991, Signature Theatre celebrates playwrights and gives them an artistic home, producing six to eight productions annually. In 2005, Signature began its groundbreaking Signature Ticket Initiative, providing affordable tickets to all of its productions. In 2012, Signature opened the Pershing Square Signature Center, the Frank Gehry-designed 75,000 square foot Center featuring three theatres, two rehearsal studios, a central, public lobby with a café and bookstore, as well as administrative offices.
Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theatre field and aligning with Signature Theatre’s institutional goals and priorities focused on playwrights, community, and access are strongly encouraged to apply.
Signature is committed to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (EDIA) and welcomes candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for underrepresented communities. Please read our commitment to creating a theatre focused on EDIA at https://www.signaturetheatre.org/Updates/Equity-Diversity-Inclusion-Accessibility.aspx.
Reporting to the Director of Individual Giving and Planning, this entry-level position serves as the primary point person for the delivery of donor services and is responsible for assisting fundraising activities throughout the year.
- Staff the Patron Hotline and email inbox, which includes processing ticket orders and exchanges for Patrons and other funders as well as responding to all email inquiries
- Provide support for telefunding operations for the Individual Giving Department
- Maintain accurate records of donor and organization profiles and solicitation plans through regular upkeep of donor database (Tessitura)
- Provide support and attend Development related activities and events, receptions, opening nights, cultivation dinners, and annual gala
- Responsible for event attendee research and ongoing prospect research for individual donors
- Provide department-wide administrative and project support and upkeep for department files and supplies
- Manage gift processing in Tessitura
- Process weekly donor and institutional funder acknowledgments, and manage donor acknowledgment files
- Manage the general development email inbox
All employees of Signature Theatre have a responsibility to be active in the institution's continued commitment to its Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Accessibility values and goals
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree OR 2+ years of previous work experience in related field (preferably in the performing arts or other non-profit organizations)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate with multiple internal/external community members
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Internet applications
- Experience with Tessitura is a plus though not required
- Customer service-oriented
- Excellent team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
This is a full-time salaried non-exempt position with a minimum annual salary of $45,000. Signature Theatre provides comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) matching, and paid time off. Please note this role will be required to occasionally work nights and/or weekends for special events.
Please email a cover letter and resume, with references and salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please type ‘Development Assistant’ in the subject line.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, affectional preference, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health decisions, pregnancy, disability, genetic predisposition, age, military or veteran status, marital or familial status, or any other protected characteristic, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
No phone calls, please. For more information about Signature, please visit www.signaturetheatre.org.
November 15, 2021 -