Naples, FL 34102
Located in Naples, Florida, Gulfshore Playhouse was founded in 2004 and has experienced fifteen years of explosive growth based upon production and arts-education success. Typically, the organization has a 9 month production season, extensive educational and public programs that engage both underserved and prosperous segments of the community.
Gulfshore Playhouse, a not-for-profit, professional theatre, is seeking a dynamic, detail-oriented and organized individual to serve as Company Manager. Gulfshore Playhouse offers a diverse season of straight plays and small musicals ranging from venerated classics and Broadway hits to contemporary works and world premieres. The Playhouse is passionately committed to producing high-quality, professional theatre which exceeds the expectations of the cultured residents and visitors of Naples, FL, many of whom are regular theatre patrons in New York, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C.
Gulfshore Playhouse has performed for many years in an intimate 200 seat venue at the Norris Center, a municipal building run by the City of Naples. The Playhouse is currently in the middle of a $55M capital campaign to build in a state-of-the-art theatre and education center, featuring two theatres and plenty of education space. The project is currently in the construction document phase.
Status: Full-time, year-round position
Start Date: As soon as possible
· Coordinate and manage all aspects of travel, housing, and transportation for the Playhouse’s actors, designers, guest artists, etc.;
· Coordinate airport pick-ups and drop-offs;
· Facilitate welcome packet distribution;
· Annual procurement and upkeep of rental properties in collaboration with landlords, including but not limited to cleanliness and repairs;
· Assist with and maintain the company calendar, including staff meetings, birthdays, and special events;
· Address all general needs of artists, such as housing, reimbursements, and transportation;
· Maintain guest artist housing spreadsheets, contact sheets, and contract requirements spreadsheets;
· Manage financial reporting for all company management and travel expenses.
The Playhouse values hard work, kindness, generosity, passion, and grace-under-pressure. The Company Manager will be expected to work extended hours when necessary to meet goals. Weekend and evening hours are required including attendance at Opening Nights and some show performances, special events, and/or meetings that may happen outside normal hours.
The ideal candidate would possess:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
· The ability to work with a team and build relationships with the guest artists and Gulfshore Playhouse team members;
· Skills with current software such as Microsoft Excel, Google Drive, Calendar, and GoogleDocs a must;
· Strength with driving others;
· The capability to interface with guest artists, team members, donors, and board members alike.
Commensurate with experience
Please send cover letter, resume, and a list of references to email@example.com. Background checks will be performed on all applicants.