Ensemble Theatre Company
Santa Barbara, CA 93120
Director of Marketing and Public Relations
· Oversees box office operations and staff, including hiring, training and scheduling.
· Oversees front-of-house staff during performances.
· Processes and monitors ticket sales, and generates sales reports and statistics.
· Sets up all events, pricing codes and promotions in database.
· Provides regular, basic accounting and reporting of box office revenues.
· Pursues new audience bases through outreach and sales promotions.
· Pursues and coordinates group sales with colleges, universities, and local organizations.
· Cultivates new and returning advertisers and sponsors.
· Assists Director of Marketing by generating mail lists and contributing ideas.
· Keeps patrons and box office staff informed of upcoming events, promotions and procedures.
· Oversees annual subscription sales and renewals.
· Helps to set-up and work special events, including opening night, receptions, and annual gala, as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Good communication skills and demonstrated ability to interact with the public.
· Interest in theatre and desire to engage greater audiences.
· Experience with basic accounting and cash handling.
· Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends, and an ability to work under pressure.
· Ability to train and manage another staff person, and work in a small, team-like environment.
· Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook; Experience with mail merge, letter writing and other administrative tasks preferred.
· Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus, but not required.
September 14, 2021 -