St. Ann's Warehouse
Brooklyn, NY 11201
St. Ann’s Warehouse, an award-winning presenter of international and American avant-garde theater and music, seeks a full-time, friendly and highly motivated individual who works well in a creative milieu. From ticket purchase through show time, the Box Office Manager is the public face of St. Ann’s Warehouse, managing all elements of the Box Office, including sales and customer service, reports, and maintenance of Spektrix, our ticketing software system. The Box Office Manager is a key member of our Artistic, Marketing, Production and Company Management team, who also works closely with Development on patron and donor services. We are looking for someone with extraordinary customer service skills who enjoys connecting and communicating with the public on the phone, over email, and in-person. The Box Office Manager is responsible for managing a team of part time seasonal employees.
● Managing all elements of the Box Office, including, but not limited to:
○ Ticket sales and telephone and email customer service;
○ Oversight and maintenance of the Spektrix ticketing system and its integration with the St. Ann’s Warehouse website;
○ Generating sales and audience reports;
○ Fielding VIP, group, press, and industry ticket requests;
○ Coordinating Donor and Member tickets and reservations with the Development department.
○ Reconciling financial reports with the Finance department.
● Coordinating with the Front-of-House team to assist with the needs of the public for performances: including accessibility, walk-up sales, will call ticket distribution, maintenance of ticket printers and scanning devices.
● Hiring, scheduling, and training a staff of Box Office assistants
● Collaborating with the Artistic and Production departments to set up ticket pricing models, budgets and dynamic pricing, seating plans and venue accessibility.
● Managing corporate partnership ticket benefits, such as presales and seating allotments, and reporting on sales and statistics directly to corporate partners.
● Ensuring quality, seamless customer experiences both in-person and online by communicating regularly with the Production, Marketing, and Development departments.
● Maintaining the Spektrix integration and ticketing portion of the St. Ann’s Warehouse website, coordinating with the Marketing, web design and development teams.
● At least three years experience in Box Office or Audience Services for a performing arts organization or ticketing service.
● Friendly and calm customer service demeanor, both in-person and over the phone and often in a fast-paced environment.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Demonstrated leadership skills, the ability to self-direct and handle multiple deadlines at once.
● Excellent computer skills - experience with Spektrix, dot Mailer, Wordpress, and Google Suite preferred.
Salary range $50,000 - $65,000, commensurate with experience and excellent benefits. Please email a resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com. No phone calls please. St. Ann’s Warehouse is an equal opportunity employer.
$50,000 - $65,000