Barrington Stage Company
Pittsfield, MA 01201
Associate General Manager
Barrington Stage Company, an award-winning professional theatre company located in the heart of the Berkshires (MA), is seeking an Associate General Manager to join our team in Pittsfield, MA. This AGM plays a vital role in the day to day operations of the organization. This position requires a driven and passionate professional with sharp focus, strong organizational skills and the ability and desire to wear multiple hats.
Barrington Stage has a three-fold mission: to produce top notch, compelling work; to develop new plays and musicals; and to engage our community with vibrant, inclusive educational outreach programs. BSC is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age. We strongly encourage candidates of color, and/or from diverse backgrounds/underrepresented groups to apply.
● Assist in contracting process for all seasonal employees, interns and artists from drafting through execution
· Work closely with General Manager and Director of Accounting on creating and maintaining budgets
● Manage seasonal staff and artist housing to include:
○ Secure rental properties and maintaining relationships with landlords
○ Determine short-term and long-term housing needs and researching new opportunities
○ Develop and manage seasonal housing budget
● Serve as offseason Company Manager
● Supervise seasonal Company Management team
● Maintain payroll administration for seasonal staff and artists
● Research job posting sites/organizations with an eye to developing and expanding BSC’s reach to racially diverse candidates as well as tapping into hiring opportunities to identify local candidates
● Manage job postings on external job boards and application administration
● Coordinate and ensure compliance of onboarding policies with Onboarding Working Group for seasonal staff, artists and interns as well as year-round employees
● Work with General Manager on company-wide communication procedures
● Assist in the establishment of organizational performance and productivity standards
● Maintain updated employee handbook and draft new policies for review by senior management as required
● Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Adobe Acrobat
● Experience with creating and maintaining budgets
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Meticulous attention to detail
● Motivated, self-starter able to work both independently and collaboratively
● Knowledge of AEA, SDC & USA union rules and contracting procedures preferred
● Proven success in regional theatre company management with a strong desire to accommodate the day to day needs of visiting artists, staff and interns
● Demonstrated ability to build relationships with diverse groups of people
● Driver’s License required; personal vehicle a must.
This position reports to the General Manager. It is full-time and requires some nights and weekends when the theatre is in production.
Salary is $50,000-$55,000 commensurate with experience plus relocation assistance offered to out-of-town candidates as well as competitive benefit package.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Associate General Manager” in the subject line.