The Art and the Audition with Karen Kohlhaas
New York, NY 10011
This Friday and Sunday I will be offering this free 1-hour class on Zoom:
HOW TO CHOOSE A MONOLOGUE FOR ANY AUDITION
• What is a good monologue?
• What is a good monologue for me?
• What is a good monologue for me, for this audition?
• How to cut and edit effectively
• How to find great material online
• How to build a killer monologue repertoire
• The very valuable "Hello, this is me" monologue
Some participants will be asked to read (not perform) monologues during the session and I will help evaluate the monologue and how it serves that actor. Anyone who does not get a chance to read but wants my 2 cents on a monologue you currently do, or are considering can send me email or video after the session for my feedback.
There are 2 sessions to choose from - choose ONE of these and reply to this post to reserve!
Can't do these? Reply to this post to join my list and hear about the next free class.
• FRIDAY, JULY 24 | 11am-12noon EASTERN STANDARD TIME
• SUNDAY, JULY 26 | 5-6pm EASTERN STANDARD TIME.
KAREN KOHLHAAS is an Atlantic Theater Company founding ensemble member, stage director, and senior teacher with over 30 years in the classroom. She is the author of THE MONOLOGUE AUDITION: A Practical Guide for Actors, recommended by Dame Helen Mirren in her Master Class on Acting; and How to Choose a Monologue for Any Audition (now on sale at www.art-and-audition.com). She was voted Best NYC Monologue Teacher and Best NYC Cold Reading Teacher by Backstage readers. She teaches monologues, cold reading, and advanced scene study online during COVID.
July 24, 2020 - July 26, 2020